Sportsperson visa (T2): -
You can go for a T2 (sportsperson visa) if the under mentioned requirements are fulfilled:
- if you are a leading sportsperson, authorized coach who’s distinguished by your sport’s association and recognized at the highest level of your profession globally.
- Your sport’s association is recommending your visa application.
- Your services in sports will expand in the UK at the top level.
In case you and your family are not citizens of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein then you must need an intra-company visa for the UK.
- Have a sponsorship certificate for your work.
- English Proficiency letter (IELTS).
- Prove for your personal savings.
- Travel history for last 5 years.
- T. B test results (tuberculosis test results).
You must obtain the sponsorship certificate a prove that your sport’s governing body is sponsoring you and recommend your application.
The time frame for Visa: -
You must submit your application for a Visa 3 months earlier, the day you are going to start your work in the UK. The date to start your work is mentioned on your sponsorship certificate.
Decision Time: -
You will normally obtain a decision on your Visa application within 3 weeks if you are not in the UK at the time of application.
Fee for Visa Application: -
If you are applying for a visa outside the UK, the application fee is £610 and for each dependent, the same fee is £610.If you want to change and extend the visa, The application fee is £704 and for each dependent, the same fee is £704. Additional charges of £19.20 will have to pay for fingerprints and photo(Biometric). You will also need to pay a health care surcharger along with the application.
Faster decision on Visa Application: -
If you are applying for changing an update or extension of your visa, you will get the decision within 5 working days after paying the extra £500. In case of emergency and super-fast services will be available at cost of an extra payment of £800.
Stay time in the UK: -
You are allowed to enter and stay in the UK with a sportsperson visa (T2) for up to 3 years and you are allowed to extend the visa from 3 years to a maximum of 6 years.
Do’s and Don'ts: -
For a sportsperson (T2),
- you must do the job mentioned in your sponsorship certificate.
- You can do another job according to circumstances.
- If you are eligible, allow bringing your partner and children with you and your dependents.
- you can do a job as a sports broadcaster.
- you are allowed to play for the national team in the UK.
- overseas and back to the UK.
Your Don'ts: -
You must avoid:
- To begin a business.
- To apply for benefits like public funds and the country’s pension.
- You can apply for another job until you must begin working for your sponsor.