Skilled worker Visa:
This visa is now replaced with a Tier 2 work visa or general work visa. A citizen is allowed to come and do an eligible job with an authorized owner to stay in the UK through a skilled worker Visa. In case you and your family are not citizens of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein then you need a worker visa for the UK.
For a Skilled worker Visa, A person must:
- UK home office approved employer in the UK.
- Have a sponsorship certificate, written employer information, and your role offered in the UK.
- Have a job that is on the eligible professions.
- Have minimum wage rate or salary, it depends on the type of work you must do.
The first and foremost requirement is the job, and You must have the approved job offer letter before you submit the application for your skilled worker visa.
You must be proficient in understanding, writing, reading, and speaking English. Before the application for a Visa, you must proof of your English knowledge.
Duration of stay:
First, your visa can be valid for up to 5 years then you should extend it. You will submit the application for extension or update your worker visa before it expires or in case you change your job type or owner.
Stay longer in the UK Criteria:
You can extend your visa as many times as you want; the basic criteria are to meet the requirements for Visa. You can also apply for permanent settlement in the UK after 5 years (this is also called indefinite leave to remain). You have the right to live, work and study in the UK if you want and enjoy benefits according to eligibility.
The application is online.
How you apply depends on you as
- You are coming to the land of the UK or elsewhere.
- You are inside the UK and apply for an extension of your existing visa.
- You are inside the UK and want to shift from other visa types.
If you are eligible, you can apply for your partner and children in your visa application. In case of a change in job and owner, you must move your Visa application for updating.
The time frame for Visa:
You must submit your application for a Visa 3 months earlier, the day you will start your work in the UK. The date to start your work will be mentioned on your sponsorship certificate. For submission of the Application, your identity and valid documents are the necessary requirements. You are allowed to take extra time in this process if you need an appointment. When you start your application, you will find out it.
If you have done applying online, you have provided your identity and documents, you will normally obtain a decision on your Visa application within:
- 3 weeks, if you are not in the UK at the time of application.
- 8 weeks, if you are in the UK at the time of application.
The decision duration depends on your location whether you are in the UK or outside the UK. The faster decision will come out if you need to go to an appointment.
Cost of the application:
You, your spouse, and your children must need to:
- Pay the Application fee standard fee varies from £610 to £1408.
- Give each year of stay healthcare surcharges, these charges normally are £624 per year.
- Prove certificate, you have enough personal saving.
If you are applying in terms of the shortage occupation list, at the time of application what amount you must pay, tell you at that time.
Worker of healthcare:
In case of your profession is a doctor or nurse, works in any public sector healthcare unit, then you must apply under Health and care worker visa. Because this visa is not expensive and does not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge.
Do’s and Do not’s:
For a skilled worker Visa, you must
- Work in an authorized job
- Study (Education)
- If you are eligible, allow bringing your partner and children with you and your dependents
- Take up extra work in some conditions
- Carry out voluntary work
- overseas and back to the UK
- Application for permanent settlement in the UK after you have completed 5 years of living in the UK and meet the other requirements (also called indefinite leave to remain).
Your Do not’s:
You must avoid:
- To apply for benefits like public funds and the country’s pension
- You must apply to update your visa once you want to change your job or owner.
What you can or cannot do with a skilled worker visa, you will find out the full list while your application for Visa is successful.