Graduate Visa: -
A graduate Visa offers approval to stay in the UK for at least 2 years of the period after achieving the degree successfully in the UK. A Graduate visa must be applied when you are inside the UK.
If you have met the following conditions, you can apply for a Graduate visa:
- You must be in the UK
- Your existing visa is a Tier 4 (General) student visa or student visa.
- You are going to enroll in the UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree, or other suitable courses of study for a minimum period with your student visa or Tier 4 student visa.
- You must achieve the degree.
If you are not met the condition of a Graduate student visa, then you must apply for another type of visa to live in the UK.
Time for a stay in the UK: -
For graduate visa holders, the stay in the UK is allowed for 2 years. In the case of a Ph.D. or other doctorial qualification, the stay is allowed for 1 more year (3 years).You have not been allowed to expand your graduate visa. If you want to stay in the UK, you may change the visa type or enter the skilled worker visa.
Note: – your visa is started the day when your application for a visa is accepted.
Application Process: -
A Graduate visa is applied Online. You will have to provide all the related and relevant documents while filling the online application. If your spouse and your children are eligible for application, you can also apply for them.
The right time for Application: -
- You must apply before your Graduate visa or general student visa terminates.
- You can apply right after your educational institute intimate you that you have completed your course in our institution under the Tier 4 or student visa. You can apply earlier as you do not have to wait for the certificate and graduate ceremony.
- You must attach with the visa application of your identity and documents.
- The time may take longer spell if you have needed an appointment for a visa application. The need for an appointment will find out when you are going to put the Visa application.
Decision Time: -
After the online application, you must show your identity and documents. You will get a decision on your application within 8 weeks. But you can live in the UK and wait for a decision on your application.
Fee for Application: -
- You will need to pay an application fee of £ 700.
- You will also need to pay a surcharge on the ground of healthcare £624 per year in the UK.
- If you are a certified doctor, nurse, and health care work, you can also apply for a health and care worker visa instead of a Graduate visa. If you can get a job opportunity in the public healthcare unit, you can refund your healthcare surcharge.
Your Do’s and Don’ts: -
You can do with a Graduate visa:
- Work at any listed jobs.
- Searching for work
- Your spouse and your children can stay in the UK if they are eligible.
- Engage as a volunteer
- Travel outside and back to the UK.
You can avoid: –
- As a professional sportsperson.
- Get the state benefits or funds and pension.
What you can or cannot do under this visa, you will find out the full list while your application for Visa is successful.
If you are going to study and research sensitive topics, you must get permission from (ATAS) academic technology approval scheme certificates.