United Kingdom


Family Visas - Settlement Routes

  • Family Members of the British Citizens or Settled Person
  • Spouse or Partner
  • Fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
  • Child
  • Parent
  • Relative who’ll provide long-term care for you

How long you can stay

  • You’ll get permission to stay for 2.5 years, or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.
  • After this you’ll need to apply to extend your stay.
  • On the completion of 5 years applicant can apply for settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

Eligibility Requirements

  • You must have genuine relationship with the sponsor
  • You must produce evidence of such relationship
  • You (excluding children under 18 and parents over 65) must pass Secure English Language Test equivalent to CEFR Level A1
  • You must be earning at least £18600 per annum - for partners only
  • You’ll need to earn an extra:
    1. £3,800 for your first child
    2. £2,400 for each child you have after your first child
  • Sponsor must have adequate accommodation
  • Maintenance is required for parents only
  • You need to show you and your partner meet the minimum income requirement if you want to settle in 5 years as a partner. If you don’t meet the requirement, you may be able to settle in 10 years.

EEA Family Members

- Partners, Children, Parents and Extended Family Members, Permanent Residence for EEA citizens

  • Registration Certificate - For 5 years EEA nationals may apply for registration certificate
    • You must be qualified person under EEA Regulations ( working or studying or self-employed or self-sufficient or looking for work )
  • Family Permit - For 6 months from outside UK only

Eligibility Requirements

The EEA National you’re joining must either:

  • be in the UK already
  • be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application

If they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months they must either:

  • be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient)

How long you can stay

An EEA family permit is valid for 6 months. You can leave and enter the UK as many times as you need within that time. You can apply to extend for further 5 years.

  • Residence Card - For 5 years from inside UK only

  • Family Members EEA nationals may apply for registration certificate

    • Your sponsor must be qualified person under EEA Regulations ( working or studying or self-employed or self-sufficient or looking for work )
    • You must be direct family members (spouse, children under 21) or extended family members

  • Retained Right of Residence - 5 years from inside UK only
  • Permanent Residence
  • Eligibility Requirements

Work Visas (Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 5)

  • Tier 1 Entrepreneur
  • Tier 1 Investor
  • Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
  • Tier 1 Exceptional Talent

Eligibility Requirements

  • Tier 2 Visas
    • Tier 2 General
    • Tier 2 Minister of Religion
    • Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer

Eligibility Requirements

  • Tier 5 Visas
    • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) Visa
    • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting) Visa
    • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) Visa
    • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) Visa
    • Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme)

Eligibility Requirements

  • Study Visas
    • Short Term Visas
    • Tier 4 General Student Visa
    • Tier 4 Child Student Visa

Eligibility Requirements

  • Visit Visas
    • Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
    • Prospective Entrepreneur Visa
    • Marriage Visitor
    • Family Visitor
    • General Visitor
    • Sports Visitor Visa
    • Tourist Visa
    • Private Medical Treatment Visitor Visa